Itchy/burning vag after diflucan?? ( read description.)

Posted , 5 users are following.

After taking flagyl, I noticed a slight itch by my vaginal canal. My vulva was very itchy/ burned. My vulva was extremely raw. It hurt to wipe, wash, and wear underwear. I was sooo irritated, and it was the absolute worse. I figured it was yeast, and got prescribed some diflucan. I took the diflucan, and while it's not as bad as before. The itch, and slight burning is still  occasionally happening. I'm goimg to also get tested for some other things. Has this happened to anyone? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So I've used metrogel intra-vaginally which is the same as flagyl that you take orally. Because it is a strong antibiotic is has the tendency to kill bacteria and that includes that of which helps your vagina maintain its balance. I've had the same thing happen and I took the diflucan plus a 7 day yeast infection kit. The second time I had BV I did the metrogel again but this time knowing I was prone to getting a yeast infection, 2-3 days in I took a diflucan and by day 7 of using the metrogel I didn't get a yeast infection, I sort of helped prevent it before it go to being an infection. Usually I have to take two diflucan pills and even my doctors will prescribe me one and then a refill in case I catch the infection at a later stage. 

Let your doctor know about your symptoms and he/she may prescribe you another pill or a yeast infection kit. I say always keep either or on hand because you never know. Hope this helped! 

• Posted

You may have bacterial vaginosis. It's good that they are testing you for other things. Be sure and wash only with water, double rinse your underwear and use vitamin e oil on the area to see if helps soothe and heal it

• Posted

The odd thing is that I finished the flagyl last week. It's just like uggh. I was fine then came the clumpy discharge, and the burning. I took the diflucan, and it just idk. I really need to go in, and get looked at. Thanks also, i will definitely try the vitamin e, and rinsing with only water. 

• Posted

You should try Aqeous cream. This can be used as a wash and is recommended for people with intimate health issues. Water alone doesn't wash you clean and the feminine washes are too stronge. Use the cream as a moisturiser in that area as well until the itching/burning settles down that's what a doc told me and it works. 

Maybe look at your wash powder too.

if none if this helps perhaps you need further help it could be something like bv or even hormonal 

Hope you get sorted 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.