Itchy cut type wound next to clitoris

Posted , 3 users are following.

So last week I slept with a new partner the second one I have ever slept with. He told me he was clean and I know for a fact I was before him because I've gotten tests before. Anyways the night before I shaved and everything was fine, the next day he went down on me and then we had sex but useing a condom. The next morning I started to feel itchy, so admittingly I scratched a bit thinking it was just one of those once and awhile things. The next day I still had that problem and so a day or so later fed up by the now swelling wound I looked and there was this and it's gotten slightly worse as in bumps but just remains to sting and itch occasionally. Please help I'm so confused on what this is.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately, a few of those sores looks like a herpes outbreak. They don’t usually test you for herpes unless you request it so your partner may have thought he was clean and was a carrier. You could have either contracted it from his mouth (HSV 1) or from his genitals (HSV 2) you can still contract herpes even if you use a condom sadly and sometimes people show no symptoms so they never know they have it. I recommend getting a swab or a blood test in a few months to find out the type. Also ask your partner if he’s ever had a cold sore, that might help you answer some of these questions. Best of luck to you 
    • Posted

My next question is then why haven't I contracted anything orally? Because I gave him head and kissed him several times and my mouth and lips are fine.

• Posted

That’s a very good question! From what I’ve heard, it’s kinda hard to be infected in two places at once but it is possible. Maybe you just got lucky. If he has HSV 2 it would make sense why you wouldn’t get it orally because type 2 doesn’t like the mouth area 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.