Itchy, dry mouth when eating lobster dish??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last night my family and I went out for a really nice dinner in Hawaii. My daughter ordered a lobster toped mahi mahi dish. After taking a few bites she told me that she was getting a weird feeling in her mouth only when she ate the lobster topping, so I tried the topping as well and the same happened for me, and my dad tried it after me and said it happened for him as well. It was a dry, tingling feeling on the roof of my mouth, my gums, and a little on my tongue for 2-3 minutes. We asked the waiter what was in the topping and she said it was just lobster, panko crumbs, parsley, and chives. We have all ate lobster many times and we have no record of allergic reactions. Any idea why this was happening?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Of course I am suspicious by nature, but my first thought was that someone poisoned the sauce with some kind of cleaning chemical. Hopefully that's not what happened . But I think that it's funny that it all three of you tried it. I think I would have left it alone and just believed that my daughter had the reaction and left it at that . I assume that since you didn't mention anything about any prolonged sickness after that that she did not finish eating. I hope she is doing ok now.

• Posted

That's very strange. Could be some kind of chemical dropped into it?  I am just glad you are all ok. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.