Itchy Elbow Rash

Posted , 4 users are following.

This rash appeared on the outer part of my elbow a few days ago. It is itchy about 20% of the time, sometimes severely. Gets worse with heat/sweat and hot water showers. Does not seem to ever change in appearance or size. Other than some left hip pain, I feel generally well. I went through a short bout of this a few years ago and it seemed like it took about 1-2 weeks to go away. Anyone have any ideas?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Possibly psoriasis or eczema? Hard to tell, but these are the most common itchy red conditions that occur on the elbows.

• Posted

It is most probably eczema. The red, sensitive and itchy skin near the elbows is symptoms of eczema. If it is contained and not spreading then an organic treatment with essential oils will control and eliminate the condition. Some of the essential oils that have proven to be effective against eczema are tea tree, chamomile, cedarwood, frankincense and patchouli essential oils. Mix one drop of the essential oil in one tablespoon of coconut or jojoba oil and apply on the red skin twice a day. Make sure that the oil is absorbed into the skin. Later, wash it off with clean water.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.