Itchy eyes.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi any one got itchy eyes . Then I get dry red patches that clear up for a day or two then start again?

At my wits end with all this.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hey Barney, we have spoken before I think. Yes I suffer with dry, itchy eyes which then become really sore, all the time. I have artificial tears, eye drops, and eye ointment to treat the really sore areas. I' m hoping its something that will settle with the hrt as I'm sick of it too. But dont worry, its all part of this lovely process! XXX

• Posted

Hi Tina. What is the eye ointment? I haven't been to doc with this issue.

But look about really old cause of wrinkles with swollen eyes lol

• Posted

Hi Barney, the ointment I get for my eyes is on prescription. I think Boots and larger pharmacys have numerous eye ointments you can buy over the counter if you tell the pharmacist the problem they can advise you what to get. Some Piriton anti-hystamine might also help. XXX
    • Posted

I'm on a anti-histines my eyes don't seem dry internally . Just itchy and dry patches externally

• Posted

Try Vasaline on the dry patches of skin but I really think you need to go and see your dr. They may want to prescribe a hydracortisone cream for outside skin and eye drops and/or ointment for sore corners of the eyes! Better safe than sorry anything you buy yourself may make it worse thats why you should see the dr. XXX
    • Posted

Think my Dr is fed up looking at me as he not a very understandable Dr. When i went with this groin pain and under arm breast pain he didn't even look at It.

• Posted

My advice to that is find a dr who is! There may be another dr at your surgery who is more sympathetic. Ask one of the receptionists they will probably be able to tell you. But I would not tolerate that attitude not in this day and age. XXX
    • Posted

I know it's shocking. But unfortunately we only have 1 doc in surgery at the min .

• Posted

Do you have another surgery near you that you could go to? X
  • Posted

I have terrible itchy eyes  every day. I get up each morning and walk my dog my eyes water a little and then itch the rest of the day. I do not get red patches though. Do your lower legs itch also? i could scratch the skin off my shins. x
    • Posted

Hi. No itchy legs or watery eyes. Just itchy sore area around my eyes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.