Itchy lymph node in groin with mono?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm not sure if it's a recent occurrence or not, but last night I noticed what I think is a pea size swollen lymph node on my bikini line at the crease of my right thigh. I've had lymph nodes swell in my head and neck when I had West Nile back in 2015, but until now I haven't noticed any from mono after 7-8 months. What threw me off is that it's where I usually shave and it's itchy, but unless ingrown hairs can cause a bump under the skin, I'm assuming it's a lymph node. It isn't very big, but things like this always worry me... Has anyone else had trouble with this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds more likely to be an ingrown hair to me. Is the area red?

• Posted

It doesn't look red to me, but it's in a very hard to see place unless I bend awkwardly so it's hard to tell.

• Posted

Hi Ciela,

Really hoping that the issue with the lymph nodes settle down. Whilst the main issue I had was one particular lymph node in my neck which was sore and larger during the virus (which thankfully settled down with time and as I got better), I did have generic pain at various times during the virus in other areas where there are glands, including the upper chest, groin and armpits. I know this kind of thing can be normal when going through or recovery from mono or any nasty virus Ciela, I do hope so much that things settle down soon and just to reassure that often this kind of thing can be normal even when starting to recover from mono, it can take time to settle down. But of course it is always wise to check these things out with the doctor, hoping that they can put your mind at ease and offer some good advice and reassurance, definitely always wise to do that.

Hang in there Ciela and hoping very much this settles down quickly and that you can feel much better within yourself about everything - thinking about you and hoping for a better weekend ahead for you.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Craig,

As always, thank you so much for your encouragement, it helps to calm me whenever I'm stressed over this virus. The swollen lymph node or ingrown hair (whichever it was) has since gone down but I now have another a little higher up. I only hope that it goes away just like the other did and that I get no more after this one.

I hope you're doing better now than you were last time I read one of your comments on a forum, it seemed like life had been treating all of us in the forums pretty roughly for a while.

• Posted

Hi Ciela,

Thanks so much for the kind words and support too, yeah it's been a bit of an up and down time for me too have had a bit of a setback this past couple of weeks but God has been and is helping me and grateful for that, I trust Him. Your words of encouragement and support mean a lot Ciela thank you so much for your kindness and goodness.

I hope so much that this other swollen lymph node settles down for you too, it's so frustrating when different things / symptoms seem to occur at different stages of this virus. Thinking back to how I felt after 7 or 8 months of dealing with the daily reality and symptoms of this virus, I can only imagine how weary and drained you must feel with it all Ciela. But truly there is hope for recovery from that point onwards, as you've maybe seen in posts I've made it was 10 months before I really seen a major breakthrough in how I was feeling and really felt I started to take real steps forward towards full recovery. Don't get me wrong it took a little time to build up my confidence and resilience again, but my experience was that Year 2 was one of recovery and feeling liberated to start to live a much more normal and healthy life again. I know it was only down to God I was able to get to that stage and experience recovery, as I felt so down and discouraged and unwell too for many many months with the virus.

You are going to get that breakthrough too with your recovery I really believe it Ciela - you ARE going to be well again. It sounds like you've been through such a rough few years if you had West Nile too that sounds a dreadful thing also. Praying for much better health and times ahead - God is faithful and He is good, hang in there and thinking about you. Keep in touch let us know how you are doing over the next few weeks for sure!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.