Itchy nipple.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a man of 68. I've had an itchy left nipple for 6 weeks. Doctor examined me but couldn't find any lumps or other signs of breast cancer. Thought it might be fungal so prescribed Canesten. Still got the itch after three weeks plus aching discomfort in the breast area, sometimes quite painful. Any one else had this and got it sorted?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cretan!

As the itching and aching discomfort is unilateral, your physician needs to do a bilateral diagnostic mammogram and probably an ultrasound... I am a Nurse Practitioner. Men also get breast cancer and it could be Paget's Disease. If your physician does not order the diagnostic imaging straight away, see another physician... Please don't waste your time on lotions and potions.

I did this for a living, conducting breast clinics. I caught breast cancers in women and men. Your physician should know that a unilateral breast itchiness /aching can be a sign of breast cancer in men and women.

I have had breast cancer, caught early with an excellent prognosis.

Please let me know the outcome!

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Thanks for this, Merry. I thought it might be the case. I'll go back to GP and push for this.

cheers

• Posted

Hi, Merry

I went to see another doctor. He, too, could find no other symptoms and said there was no need to involve the breast clinic at this stage as they would wonder why I had been referred. He prescribed a stronger steroid and said to come back in two weeks. so there you go.

Thanks for your interest

Cheers

KEN

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.