Itchy painful torso?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys Ive had HS for over 20 years now, I have it undercontrol mainly through diet.  I was offered surgery, tablets washes etc... but that was not the road I wanted to go down.  I lost weight through cutting out carbs and HS stayed at bay, dont get me wrong if I eat excess sugar my body lets me know its not happy in its usual method of inficting pain!lol!

Now it seems to have gone a step further.  I have a bad rash all over my torse it is itchy and painful, I have no abcesses, boils or cysts on my torso but very very deep blackheads which I can feel tunnelling from.  My question is, is this a part of HS anyone else is suffering from?

I have never let HS get me down or stop me from doing anything, I believe that there are alot worse conditions you can be diagosed with, at least HS lets you help yourself.  But this is hard cause Im scrating like I have fleas!lol!

My next step is to try a Paleo diet cutting out nightshades, has anyone else done this to help with their HS.  All advise would be greatly appreciated.  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No nightshades and peanuts keeps my HS in remission! I have not had the blackheads you're describing but the itchy torso could definitely be a food allergy/sensitivity! Good luck!
    • Posted

Thanks crystal 08850 

would you recommend just cutting out nightshades first instead of doing Paleo and nightshades together?

• Posted

I just tried nightshades first because of all the information I read about how they can affect autoimmune issues. And the lady who wrote one article I read started out cutting everything but chicken and lettuce. She added back 1 food group at a time and when she got to the nightshade group she flared. I took a short cut and started by cutting nightshades first and it worked! I already knew I had a sensitivity to peanuts before because they used to give me bad mouth ulcers before I developed HS years ago. I tested the peanut sensitivity one day by eating some pbutter fudge. I had a flare up. I have also accidentally ate nightshades twice since cutting them last summer and flared up. Definitely food related for me. Hope it doesn't take you long to find yours!

Nightshades are EVERYWHERE! Watch ingredients closely. "Modified food starch" could be potato starch. "Natural flavors" etc. could be nightshades. Good luck!

• Posted

I have recently tried cutting out nightshades from some of the comments on this site.  Crystal is right they are everywhere.  I am on medication for my HS but on the nightshades sight I read about I have some of the other side effects from eating them e.g. headaches.  Give it a try and see how you go.
  • Posted

I'm not sure how you maintain a normal life if you have has servers HS. I have had this and there is not way I am able to live a normal life. I just had surgery on two areas that would not go away and have many more tracks in horrible areas. I hope it stays were in remission for you. I will try your no carbs/surgar to see if I see any difference. When you have it as bposted.

I do you'll try anything... Good luck and I'll keep u posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.