Itchy Peruneum and Butt but no Worms?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So. I am a 16 year old female living in Mississippi. The past month I have been feeling crazily itchy around my butt area and am incredibly embarrassed. I have been researching reasons and symptoms of things and the only ones I fit are pinworms. But I have never, ever even seen one in my stool. I'm very confused and scared. My family doesn't exactly have the money to be going to the doctors. And what if I don't have them? What do I have? Is it a hygeine thing? Please, please help. I'm so scared.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Don't be scared I'm a child and always get them but the first time is scary

• Posted

I have the same issue, I still dont think ive seen one yet, but the symptoms fit, it is possible to have them and never actually see one. It is also possible for everyone around you to be infected aswell but profuce no symproms. The only difference is that I am from the UK so appointments are free and treatment is cheap. Pretty much living off the stuff now as it can be a difficult infection to shift. Little mistakes can stop you from getting rid and you're just going in circles.

There are other things you can try to maybe eliminate other possibilities before you commit to threadworms, my doctor reccomended antihistamines (Allergy tablets) and a thin layer of sudocrem. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.