Itchy pubic mound (without visible signs)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Since several months, I have an itchy pubic mound. There are no visible signs (no lesion, rash, redness, red bumps, pimples...). It's not painful, it's just itchy. The itch comes and goes without apparent pattern (it can come when I am sitting at work, taking a shower, jogging, or simply relaxing with just my underwear on or sleeping― it does wake me up at night!).

I don't wear tight clothes and all the clothes I wear are old (I have worn them for at least 1 year, and for most of them several years).

I haven't changed my soap, shampoo, laundry powder... for several years.

Other info: I have a healthy lifestyle and diet (I am ovo-vegetarian). I have always had dry skin. When I was younger, I had eczema. I had seborrheic dermatitis 2 years ago (around my nose and I was diagnosed 5 months ago with an auto-immune disease (ulcerative colitis which is in remission thanks to the medication).

I first tried a gentle moisturizer (made for babies) and glycerin but it didn't get rid of the itch. When I talked to my doctor, he prescribed Promestriene, knowing that I have a Nexplanon (a progestogen based contraceptive implant) and I could be low on estrogen. But that didn't work.

What makes it more bearable is to shave my pubic hair every day and to apply glycerin morning and evening.

Any idea what could cause this itch and what I can do about it?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Finally, a gynecologist gave me a treatment that works. He saw very small patches of dry skin (they appeared after more than 6 months with no visible signs) and he asked me to try an antifungal cream called “Ciclopirox”. It worked in 2 days, but I kept applying it for 3 weeks. It has been more than 2 months since then and I haven’t had any itch. It is worth trying it even if there are no visible signs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.