Itchy rash when exerting myself physically

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 64 and am very active as I run often and have a physical job.

For the last 20 years I have been dealing with an itchy rash that develops about five minutes after I have done something that means I have exerted myself.

The rash is much like measles and is on my arms, legs and torso.

Fortunately it only lasts for about ten minutes but drives me to distraction. It is much worse in the cold weather and I find moisturizing cream helps considerably.

I am relieved to see on this site that I am not the only one who suffers from this. I don't want to resort to taking anti histamine every time I am active so I will just have to deal with it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Cetirizine everyday for the last five years, has helped slightly. Quercetin and luteolin daily. A pulse of steroid 30mg dose can keep hives away for a few months, once it kicks in. This is what helps me.
    • Posted

Sounds as though this condition has caused you a lot of problems and I hope things get better for you.

My concerns are minimal in comparison as I know that it passes pretty quickly especially if I am exercising in hot weather.

What causes yours to happen?

Thanks for your advice.

• Posted

That is the million dollar question. I lean towards a mast cell issue. I'm waiting to have investigations with the allergy clinic at the hospital.
    • Posted

Best of luck and keep me/us posted S to your results.

As a matter of interest, where do you live?

I am in  Western Canada

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.