Itchy scalp

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone I've had fibromyalgia for years now I have just been diagnosed last year with costochondritis. I've also had an underactive thyroid for 30 years. Does anyone who has fibro or underactive thyroid suffer from an itchy scalp ?..this has literally drove me insane for the past several years now and is worse in evening. Any info is much appreciated thanx

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes I get that symptom frequently Lynn. It is very annoying for sure! I think it has to do with circulation so sometimes a good head and neck massage could help. Just another lovely thing to deal with heh Lynn?! Hang in there girl. xx
    • Posted

Thank you hun..it's.so.embarrassing when in. company and I'm desperate to scratch ! ..I think your right with the circulation ..wish it would stop 😕 thanx for your reply

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

I  have fibro and an underactive thyroid and like you have an itchy scalp.  It drives me mad at times and I try not to scratch if I'm in company, as I would hate them to think I had nits or something rolleyes

• Posted

Hey s sukes I'm.so glad to hear its not just me ! So there's possibly a connection ? Is.it.underactive thyroid do.you.think.rather than.the.Fibromyalgia ?..is there a.solution.for this ?..whether my hair.is.just.washed.or needs washed its same ...drives. me.crazy...thanx.for.replying sukes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.