Itchy scrotum what is this ? Driving me insane

Posted , 3 users are following.

My scrotum has been itching for the last four weeks . First week I had a cyst on penis shaft which burst and white stuff came out. Just one pimple. I think it was a blocked hair follicle as I could see a black piece if hair . It grew and I pooped it . Blood came out with some white pus . Soon as it popped the next couple if days it began to heal . Second week my scrotum was itching specially at night . I have previously been diagnosed for nail fungal infection, jock itch around the creases of groin and athletes foot . Went to doctor he said it looks like a fungal infection . Asked to take antihistamines and apply OTC cream . Now I gone through a half a dozen brands including powders and itching us still there . There is no spots anyway , I don't have any other symtoms my where on body apart from this itching which is mostly in the night . It comes and goes . When I apply anti fungal powder the itching diss appears for a while but then comes back . Only the scrotum itch . I did shave my scrotum 7 weeks ago with razor to get all hairs out , so wondering if this has caused a lot of ingrown hairs to get stuck when the hair re grows . This itching is on the 5th week now ?is this a fungus or something to with the hair follicles stuck ? and if so does it take this long to get any better ? What is this please as I can't even identify anything as no spots or marks . My main question is is it jock itch or a five week dermatitis. Please help anyone .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think you may have identified a possible cause - shaving - and a treatment.  But rather than a powder try an anti-fungal cream.

Clean underwear every day?

• Posted

So is it jock itch or due to shaving . The shaving was 7 weeks ago . I'm just wondering if it's shaving would that not has pen in a couple of days ? I have tried 6 different creams and no luck .
    • Posted

Who knows?  But try a fungal cream and if that works then "job done"
    • Posted

I've tried every fungal cream on the market . That's why I'm asking the question here on original thread ??
    • Posted

Time then to see the doctor again then?   If you are in UK that is reasonably easy ...
  • Posted

Try otc Canesten HC, which is Clotrimazole cream with a cortisone cream in it.  It ought to help and apart from clean clothes every day, wear loose fitting underwear and trousers.  Perhaps when you are at home you could wear a bathrobe and no underwear - circulating air and all that!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.