Itchy skin

Posted , 4 users are following.

For a few weeks now my skin feels like it has creepy crawlies on it causing me to start scratching. Is this something new that is related to my fibro or not related at all

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I get itchy skin, like creepy crawlies too.

Related or not I don't know, mine will last days, weeks, months and then disappear for days, weeks or months only to return. Also my mouth and eyes feel like there is goosebumps on them and dry. That lasts the same time.

I thought allergies but nothing changes when it happens.

I thought liver/kidney function but I think by that point of severe itching you get yellow eyes and skin from jaundice so it's not that.

Finally I thought sjorgens syndrome. Waiting for ana blood test results to see if autoimmune is a possibility. Had positive ones in past but it goes up and down.

• Posted

hi Kaz, it probably is fibro related. I had it badly for a while in April / May but haven't had it much since. I think quite a few people with fibro get it.

• Posted

I just got diagnosed with Fibro! I'll have random itching in my hands/ head/ face/ chest like I am having an allergic reaction, but I'm not. Always different and mostly happens when I lay down at night I think it could be like restless legs thing, but instead restless nerve endings that make you itchy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.