Itchy skin from gabapentin

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone have itchy skin basically all over body! I have be off gaba for 22 days and still have itchy prickly skin! Does this ever go away??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have a little and have read quite a few People say this is a side effect from withdrawing. Congrats on 22 days! That's great!!

• Posted

Rener,

If you dont mind me asking! How long were you on it? How long have you been off? My dr says it should be out of my system! Ha what does she know!! I am still having problems! These side effects are so irritating!! 

• Posted

I have been off gave for 5 months .First 2 months had horrible s/e .Epsom salt baths and thick hypoallergenic cream helped the itching
    • Posted

Adkins,

After 5 months you still are having side effects? This is the worst drug I have ever been on!! How long were you on it? I was on it for 3 months!! 

• Posted

Yep, I also had itchy skin. It started subsiding after around a month and was all gone after two months. Can recommend sauna or steaming room when you need some relief

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.