Itchy skin on side of right foot

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had this itchy patch on the side of my right foot for around five or so years.

It's actually similar to hard skin, in that I can even scratch it with something sharp and not feel pain (it helps with the itching and doesn't cause it to bleed).

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Well it could be athletes foot or a fungal problem or it could just be dry skin which needs moisturizing. You could try

a] using a cream made especially for athletes foot which you should be able to buy in a supermarket or chemist/pharmacy

b] get a thick moisturizing cream and use every night on the foot.

Are your shoes tight? If they are you may have set up a reaction in that area.

If none of these things help then you should see your doctor. I am concerned that you are saying you have no feeling in that part of your foot. Do you have any other health problems?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.