Itchy skin with fibro?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anybody else had itchy skin with fibro? My doctor thinks I have fibro and I'm currently on the waiting list to see a rheumatologist. I've been getting pains in various places since early November (mainly chest, neck, armpits, upper and lower back, hips, groin - sometimes in wrists and calfs). I'm still a little bit concerned the pains may be due to something worse than fibro, but my doctor tells me that's just my anxiety. In the past few days I've started getting constantly itchy skin, has anybody else had this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

forgot to say it feels like I have a hair on my skin or a small bug's crawling on it.

• Posted

Hi Tomatom,  I too get itching all over my body with Fibro.  When pain is bad I also get patches of excema flaring up.  Like you say it feels as if your skin is crawling.  I think this could be to do with the nerve endings under the skin as fibro seems to effect these.  Hope you feel better soon, it's hard isn't it.  Take care  

• Posted

Thanks Sue, that's good news. I've been a bit worried it might be my liver. I might still ask for a liver function test if the itching doesn't stop. It's really hard, I feel the symptoms and issues with my body just keep on coming. Hopefully the itching is just part of the fibro.

• Posted

Yes I get this too, and I know where you're coming from when you say the symptoms just keep on coming. You are not alone with these things. We all understand! xx

• Posted

Yep itching - the itch, scratch, itch saga. The first thing I do when getting home from work is to get out of restrictive clothing and put something loose and flowing on!  Haven't found anything to make it go away completely. Anti histamines work sometimes but not others. When not itching it's burning.  welcome to the weird world of fibro. One day you will wake up and find the itching is replaced by something else equally as weird.There are as many variations of symptoms as there are fibro folk.  Sorry can't be of any particular help other than to say "you are not alone" and feel free to ask any questions as there is no such thing as a silly question - we are all in the same boat.

• Posted

thanks Maggers, glad to know other fibro folk get the itching too. I suspect you're right that when it does go it will be replaced by some other pain or sensation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.