Itchy throat

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have an under active thyroid and am suffering with a severe itchy throat..its driving me insane its worse in the morning and at night.Does anybody else have this problem?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Are you on any medication. Sounds almost like an allergy. I know when I was on two brands of levothyroxine the acacia affected me which was in them.
    • Posted

Yes i take 50mg levothyroxine but i already take 2 allergy tablets a day due to a pet allergy.I mite make an appointment for the doctor because i have got a few issues going on.thanks for ur reply x
  • Posted

I agree with Gillian, the additives in thyroid meds are killers. 

If  you have inflammation in your thyroid, it can cause a backup in the whole ear nose throat area, which could result in post nasal drip, that would cause a sore throat.

• Posted

I have been hypo for years and never head that nor heard of that. However, throat issues and goiter are atributed to hypo so it is possible.
  • Posted

in fact I have the same problem and mine also cause me cough a lot what might be problem? I need help also

• Posted

I had been using 50mg levothyloxine but now am on 75mg will it be the cause

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.