Itchy vulva

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi for the past approximate month I’ve been getting a itch similar to what a yeast infection itch feels like. There is no abnormal discharge or odor everything looks fine besides the itch. I started using vagisil anti-itch cream but when I use it i start to feel inflammation. I visited a obgyn and he said that it’s some follicles I can’t remember the name but the itch takes place on the outskirts of my labia minora which is hairless so I was confused. There are flat tiny white bumps on the outskirts as well and sometimes my Clitoris will itch as well. Any idea as to what this can be?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

He probaly said folliculitis. A quick search found this: Folliculitis appears as small, red, and sometimes painful bumps caused by bacteria that infect a hair follicle. It can occur on the labia majora. This can happen because of shaving, waxing, or even friction. Folliculitis often goes away by itself.

Like you say, strange to have that on your labia minora. Have you been tested for any infections?

• Posted

No not yet. i have a pap smear appointment on the 29th of this month so i will remain posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.