iTind or Water Ablation, Anybody??

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All,

In my continued search for an effective, low side-effect solution to BPH, I've got  a short list of procedures that seem interesting. Have been following the FLA posts closely and thanks to those who are blazing that trail and reporting on it!

I've seen a few posts on iTind, but not recently, and there seem to be mixed results. I'm wondering if anyone suffered any permanent damage from it??

And this new Water Ablation procedure seems quite interesting but I don't see much on it. Anyone know anything?

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Fred 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Light1

I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina.  In January my doctor recommended water ablation. I never heard of it before so I didnt pay much attention.  Now I'm seeing it discussed fairly often so when I see him again in a month I will go in to more details

The reason I'm writing to you is to let you know that you may have the option of getting experienced doctors, a better price on the procedure and and combining it with some sightseeing by doing it here.

I am very very impressed with the doctors here.  They are cautious but extremely competent and caring.  

I don't know if any of this is useful to you, hope it is.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi JJJ57989,

Thanks for your message and the information. Very much appreciated. When you talk to your doc, if you could update this thread, it would be appreciated. Good Luck!

• Posted

There are couple of discussions on this forum about Aquablation. 1 or 2 have had it done so far are happy with the results. My understanding is that it spares all sexual function so retrograde ejaculations shouldn't happen with it.

The is also a discussion regarding iTind. I don't remember how well it worked for the fellow that had it done.

Im thrse fellows will shoe up soon. In the mean time try doing a search and see what pops up.

• Posted

Is Aquablation the same as water ablation?  Seems like there are several similar names, don't know if they are for the same procedure.

• Posted

Uncklefester,

Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't aware that it was also called Aquablation so wasn't searching under that; I will give it a try!

• Posted

Light....I know this does not answer your question but please look into FLA with Dr. K. I had mine done on 4/28 and will be reporting my six month update this weekend.  So far the reults are great with zero side effects.
    • Posted

Hi Trustme,

Thanks for the note. I'm quite interested in FLA and it's on my short list. I've just gotten to the point after a year of CIC that I need the freedom that comes with being able to urinate like a normal person, and not carry around catheters. If there's any other information about Dr. K that you think would be useful, I'd appreciate receiving it. Thanks, best wishes, and good luck with your own recovery.

Best,

Fred

• Posted

Hey Trustme, glad to hear it went well. Dr. K is the absolute boom of a doctor. Hope you are really doing good in the process and if you need anything give me a call. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.