its back again :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all, ive been free of my 2 year spell of vertigo due to bppv, this time doesnt seem as bad but even so im off work with it , due to have epley again on 4th Dec so not too long to wait ....the reason for my post is to ask if anyone feels that the initial attack is worse ?, i was rushed to hospital first time as i had fallen to the floor and couldnt get up they at first thought id had a stroke..all tests showed it at first to be vertigo unknown cause ...... to you all out there suffering... i feel for you , no one can imagine how it feels x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've been suffering with dizziness for 8 months. It's horrid and I hate it. Mine is apparently uncompensated vestibular neuritis. I'm waiting for an MRI scan at the moment. Just fed up of feeling crap! Xxx 
    • Posted

Awww really feel for you Babz , hope your not waiting too long for your MRI , and they can sort something for you , although I have to admit I haven't found anything that helps , I've had cinnarazine and sturgeon which I suppose helps with the nausea but that's all ... The only positive thing is I stopped smoking after being a smoker for 46 years, that was due to the nausea ...x
    • Posted

Hi , sorry to know what you re going through Babz36 . If you already have a diagnosis of vestibular neuritis then the MRI will be normal . Have you under gone any other tests for VN ?
  • Posted

Hi Mandy

i was also diagnosed with BPPV.  It started last September and the the 2nd attack dropped me to the floor and totally affected my balance and vision for many months.  My problems remain on going but to a lesser degree than the first attacks so i'm hopeful that i am learning to compensate as i get more experience of the condition.  I also have stiff neck and now shoulders are also stiffening.

• Posted

I feel for you Mandy, positional vertigo like any form is no fun. Plus there’s nothing is worse than getting an attack after being well for any length of time!  Glad that it doesn’t seem to be as rough this time through, no doubt from being experienced. Hopefully the Epley will bring you some relief. Besides sleeping on a simbalance pillow I’ve found that the head maneuvers are the only other thing that stops the attacks. It’s ashamed they couldn’t fit you in sooner though! I’ll never understand why they make people who are dealing with vertigo wait for something like that. Especially if you’ve be diagnosed with bppv.  No one gets how it feels to be like this day in and day out. Hang in there and hope you feel better soon. .  
  • Posted

Thanks for your input everyone , it almost makes me feel thankful others are experiencing the same and I'm not alone with this , I don't think the doctors treat the condition with any urgency , yet the effect it has is life changing whilst we have it , I've had time off work , been unable to go shopping alone , struggle to get a bath without a dizzy spell , even a trip to the hairdressers is a no no , there's no way I'd be able to tip my head forwards or backwards .... I'm lucky that I have a husband who is capable of taking over , can't imagine how terrible it must be for anyone on their own ... I struggle to understand how ill it makes me feel , and the tiredness in between the attacks .. Will close now struggling today even with typing ... Hope you all have a good day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.