Its been happening for almost 3 years and I worried

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, my name is Willism im 16 years old its still hapening.

Everytime i stand up and move i feel disable like i cant move and i usually tend to fall.It tends to happen for 10 secs becuase in my head i always count 10.For example classes, get up i feel like i cant move and i usually wait for everyone to leave becuase i stand by the table for about 10 secs and thats when everyones not looking and walking out of class.Its really bad i worried and i dont want to tell my parents or dr. Sometimes my friends said " whats wrong with you? " 

LAST FOR 10 SEC 

CANT MOVE 

TENDS TO FALL 

MOUTH IS OPEN 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Please tell your parents and your doctor.  I am sure they will all help you.  

You are not alone and no one will think any less of you.  You will feel much better when you tell your parents so that they can share your problem and guide you

• Posted

Probably Orthostatic Hypotension.  See a doctor.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Hi Will,

Could be one of the problems already mentioned, but with the attacks lasting 10 seconds and usually after movement it could be BPPV. If it is, this is usually easily put right by a doctor - don't worry it's completely painless. You should definately get checked out, it is probably nothing serious and can be fixed. Otherwise, you could spend the rest of your life trying to hide it, and suffering, when you could be out enjoying yourself with your mates. When I was thirteen I was worried sick about something medical, until I plucked up the courage to see a GP, unfortunately, he couldn't see what I was talking about. Two years later, I saw someone else who could see what I was worried about, and it was entirely normal. The first doc must have seen it but, as it was normal, thought I was talking about something he couldn't see. I am now nearly fifty and I could still be in a panic about it, thirty-five years later. Go and get checked out - take back some power or it will rule everything you do. Good luck.

• Posted

Did this cause you any anxious/depressed mood?
  • Posted

Go see your doctor trust me sitting here guessing about what is will only scare you and make it worse. You'll feel better when you know exactly what it is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.