Its getting worse

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi there I've been suffering with heartburn and some acid for days with no relief I take daily PPI meds and not helping my throat and gullet are so sore burning stinging and my voice as almost gone since I had a little lunch to eat I cant stand it anymore feels like my throats closing in and I'm on fire anyones advice would be very much appreciated I'm seem my doctor today he said double up on meds and sending me back to see Gastrolagst dont know how Long I will have to wait , right now I could just end it all because I can't stand this unbearable burning any longer 😭

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear your suffering. Do you have a hital hernia? Those ppi was making things worse then better for you. Sounds like your stomach is not moving food fast enough. please get off the ppi and eat a lot of probiotic foods and try to increase your stomach acid naturally. Now if you have hital hernia then that needs to be fixed but whatever you do, DO NOT HAVE A NISSEN FUNDOPLICATION. It will ruin your life and very hard to get undone. Your whole stomach anatomy changes. Please Join nissen takedown on fb. You can learn a tons about this disease

• Posted

thank you for your reply I've had camera put down 3times and they couldn't find anything I have been told its stress making it worse , I do have to care for my adult daughter she has a severe form of epilepsy , I find this quit challenging on a daily basis I was told I make to much acid so I'm not sure what to do about stop taking PPI meds

• Posted

first do not get off PPI cold Turkey! doing that would make the stomach produce more acid. Take every other day for 2 weeks than every 3 days for 2 weeks and continue that way... Before you get off them try a few things. 1. elevate to sleep. 2. eat small meals more frequently. never wait till your starving! Carry crackers with you incase u cant stop to eat.. Chew slowly small bites. NO spicey food, No alcohol, No chocolate, No tomato sauce, No coffee. VERY BLAND DIET!

3 . If you can get massages weekly for a month. 4. NO STRESS! I know that's hard but walk away from it... 5. Eat yogurt daily! don't miss the probiotic! RELAX IT WILL GET BETTER AND HEAL ITSELF. Did you have an ENDOSCOPY? Worrying about it drives you crazy! I had one and have a narrowing from inflammation REFLUX. I also have a sliding Hiatal Hernia.. I feel your Pain. But follow this and I guarantee it does get better... stay on the PPI's for a few more weeks while following this diet. You will be amazed how it heals.. Then slowly get off PPI...

• Posted

Hi Nancyphn

can i ask you how long you suffered reflux and how bad was it are you off ppis now and how did you do it.im suffering very bad burning for past 12 weeks ppis are not working for me any h elp did be great.

• Posted

BTW I had all your symptoms also sore throat, ear ache, short of breath, pressure at bottom of rib cage, shoulder pain, stomach bloated all the time, clearing my throat constantly, felt congested, just awful... I do get symptoms once in a while but that's usually after a holiday... just cut back again and then I am fine.. Good luck! Hope this helps!

• Posted

thank you for your reply I do eat a very plain diet and never eat anything that could affect me I've had camera down three times and always been told its stress I care for my adult daughter she as a severe form of epilepsy which I find challenging on a daily basis and very stressful so I'm feeling at a loss as what to you my doctor as told me to up my meds to 2 30mg a day , now I'm worried it mite just make it worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.