its too much to handle

Posted , 4 users are following.

been thinking and dreaming about death for a while im suffering with anxiety and depression and i self harm daily im scared of everything i cant control my feelings its come to the point of me writing a suicide letter something ive never done before i have no intention of having to use it but if i do cut to deep i know i wont take the trip to get help my anxiety wont allow me to do it im so low so down i dont know how long i can stay strong like everyone always says ive been strong its not helping its painful and im tired of feeling like this im running out of energy

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Steve, you don't say whether you're seeing a doctor about this, or have a mental health team. If you have a psychiatrist or mental health nurse you should call them. If not, see your GP asap and get yourself referred for psychiatric help. Another short-term option is to call a crisis line like the Samaritans (if you're in the UK). If you're not in the UK, your country is sure to have at least one crisis line, that you'll be able to find on-line.

However, crisis lines can only provide an immediate outlet - the chance to pour it all out to another human being - and can't replace proper psychiatric care.

Please get in touch with a professional. There is help out there, even if it's difficult to reach out for it at a time like this.

• Posted

thanks for the advice im on meds i get councilling it doesnt help me feel any better ive tried all the above so what now my minds working overtime with thoughts of harm and death feel so alone and fed up of this darkness ive tried to move on and forget how i feel i wish i was normal what ever that is i used to be able to walk into a room full of people enjoy the outside all that gves me is fear im just so tired ive talked to the doctor just last week and she said if the meds dont help me in the next 2 weeks then i will gte refered to psychiatrist just adds more worry and fear
    • Posted

Steve, I don't think you should be worried about being referred to a psychiatrist, quite the opposite. GPs aren't the best placed to treat psychiatric conditions. Why not go back to your doctor and ask to be referred if the meds don't help? The psychiatrist isn't going to have you locked up in a mental hospital - especially not if you're in the UK, where there aren't even enough beds for those who are a risk to society.
    • Posted

thanks will get back in touch with doc next week i just worry about everything and nothing had a panic attack earlier not been in the best place today suppose some days are better than others today isnt a good day 
    • Posted

Yes, that's right. But I know just how difficult it is to think straight and realise it's just a bad day when you're in the middle of one!
  • Posted

Hi Steve,

I've been battling suicidal depression since last October (it's been a very frustrating year - grrr!) At my lowest point last year I wrote a suicide note (something I've never done before) and thought I couldn't go on. I do know something of what you are feeling and I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts. I don't know what has brought you to this point - where you hardly recognise yourself - but you are still you and that means you are a special and unique person. Depression and anxiety tries to convince us that we are fragile, but in fact we are stronger than we can ever imagine. I'm not promising it will be an easy journey but there will be good days ahead that will make life worth living and you will be grateful you have the precious gift of life. My life has been on pause for almost a year and I have just lost my job as a result. I really feel that my life is at a crossroads (I am 48 years young) and my destiny is now in my own hands. I have had a couple of short breaks away visiting friends and enjoying the last days of the British summer. Give yourself the time that you need to "find yourself". Don't put too much pressure on yourself to be the person you once were. You may still get back to being that person again but try to look forward with hope and not back with regret. Please don't give up hope. Most of us can relate to that feeling of running out of energy (physical, emotional & mental resources) but your batteries can be recharged in a number of ways - focus on what works for you. Dog therapy (ie borrowing someone else's dog to take for a walk), jigsaw puzzles, bike rides in the country, coffee with a friend...these are a few of my favourites. Please stay in touch as we care about what happens to you, my friend.

With very best wishes,

Digsby

• Posted

Would u like to hear from someone who has to live on after brother committed suicide

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.