IUD and POP Issues - Bleeding for 5 months!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've always had issues with really heavy, really irregular periods. I had problems with contraceptive pills (migraines after 18 mns with COC, immediate BTB with POP) so my GP recommended trying an IUD.

I had a Mirena placed in early March. I had my period within the first week of having it fitted and then never stopped bleeding. When I told my GP in late May, she told me to start Zeletta (a POP) at the same time as it should stop the bleeding, which it did but only for 3 weeks. Since starting the pill, the bleeding is heavier and there's also a lot more clots and even what looks like pieces of endometrial tissue (larger, whitish pieces). Given my previous history of BTB with the POP, I didn't think it was a good idea to try the POP but I trusted my GP when she said it would be fine (which I'm regretting).

Between the weird cramps, constant heavy bleeding and further side effects from the pill (bloating, weight gain, etc), I'm at my wits end. I can't see my GP for another few weeks and have found very little information from women who have used the pill with the IUD. I just want to know if anyone has any experience or advice? I know I'm still within the first 6 months of having the IUD but this can't be anymore normal!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.