IV Antibiotics for Pseudamonas

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello All! I think I am going to be getting IV antibiotics for the first time shortly. I am terrified of being allergic. I have been using levoquin during flare ups since my diagnosis nearly 3 years ago. I have asthma, BX and pseudamonas aeruginosa. I am so sensitive to everything and do have allergy issues to other meds. I am disgusted with the whole routine of feeling terrible, getting antibiotics, struggling to get better from them and trying to work back some strength then it starts over so quickly. Quality of life sucks and you can never make plans. It feels like existing and not living. Any idea how long IV antibiotics help before they become ineffective also? I try to keep good attitude but it gets harder the longer you have pseudamonas. I don't think it's the BX that's the hard thing it's the wretched pseudamonas that takes you down so badly. It wipes you out. Sorry for complaining but I don't think people that don't have this can understand what we go through. Thank you for any info

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry that you are feeling so badly. I know when I get that way, it helps to talk to others who have experienced the same thing. I feel like the levoquin doesn't work as well for my either any more. Sometimes they switch it up with other antibiotics and I feel some relief. But, like you said it starts all over again. Someone told me today that I am a walking petri dish. I don't know how I feel about that. I haven't had the pseudamonas yet. I've had aspergillus and cladosporium. I think the IV antibiotics will help you immensely, at least for a while. Good luck to you. Keep us updated.

Laurie

• Posted

Hello Debra  

ive just finished 5 days of IV antibiotitcs   in Hospital       They gave me augmentin 1000mg    3 times a day every 8 hrs      i dont feel too bad now,   I have Asthma  all my life  and diagnosed with BX  3 years  ago      The Doc was saying i will most likely have to go in twice a year  for this kind of treatment    What he was glad to see this time i went in was,  i was having an active flare up off bx   so he will know soon which pseudamona  is causing the problems like you have 

i agree with you that you feel your existing  cant make plans etc   i am the same  

So hopefully we can all get control of this problem  rather than the bx pseudamona controlling us  

• Posted

Hello Debra 

I've just returned home from hospital (2wk stay) IV antibiotics for a psuedomonasis infection

while in the CT scan showed early onset (mild) bronchiectasis (lord if this is mild) 

I've had recurrent chest infections for 2yrs now (I do not smoke) but I do have an under lining 

autoimmune condition my respiratory team are undecided if there is a connection currently 

Miserable isn't it ....... I'm in Southampton (Hampshire) by the way 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.