Iv been put on 75mg of venaflaxine and my moods lifted

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi im on 75mg immediate release I take in the morning.. my anxiety has got so much better and my depression has really lifted but i have no get up n go iv no motivation.. if been on this dose for 8 weeks...I had more motivation at the lower does by my depression was bad

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Stacey, let your dr know. It's all about getting the right combination or dosage. We are all different. Best of luck.

• Posted

Hello, sounds like ven is working well for you. On lower dose you were probably more anxious, which meant you had more get up and go, purely because the anxiety was giving you more energy, ie you were too lively, and did more things, to distract yourself. You are more relaxed now, so you dont have the nervous energy you had before. Id say its too soon to think about making any changes. Periods of high anxiety really take it out of you, and takes time to recover from it. Possibly after a few more weeks being more calm, you will have more healthy snd balanced energy, that gives you more get up and go. As you have done well so far, if it was myself, i wouldnt make any changes for another 4 weeks or so, to give your current dose enough time. What does your doctor think?
    • Posted

It was a locum doctor she just told me to take 150 mg extended release but im iffy about taking them
    • Posted

Thats a difficult one to answer. 150mg extended release is a healthy size dose, but not too large. Think a lot of people with depression end up on that. Ive found ven really easy to take, with no side effects at all, even with incresses. You can either get a second opinion, or, if you have also found ven easy to take then try it. If you found it difficult so far, ie youve had side effects, then a second opinion would be best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.