Iv had the implanon since the end of june this year and ...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Iv had the implanon since the end of june this year and im already starting to regreat it.I have no sex drive at all.I keep having really bad mood swings.Iv always been abit moody but since iv had the implanon is got worse.I hate it and its starting to effect my boyfriend because he has to put up with me mood and no sex.I thought it would be a good idea to get the implanon but i wish i never had it.I dont know what to do.sadsad should i have it removed or can the doctors do somethink about my sex drive

[i:4879bb08c2]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:4879bb08c2]

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I completely agree with you, having the same experience and going to have mine taken out next week. The doctor did mention that she's heard of some kind of hormone that can be taken every three weeks, to me that seems a little bit mad though.

[i:d82ac0bf42]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d82ac0bf42]

• Posted

hi there i had my implanon taken out two weeks ago and im like a new person my husband says hes got his wife back my sex drive wasnt even there i had bad moods and depression i left mu husband every 2 weeks i thought it was him with the problem it was me since having the implanon taken out in a week my sex drive has gone through the roof and my moods have gone im so happy im myself again if i was you have it taken out and try something else ive had the coil fitted and its great smile

[i:f831e78573]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:f831e78573]

• Posted

I have had the Implanon in since February 12th 2005. I too have noticed my sex drive is pretty much non-existent. Not really a problem as I dont have a boyfriend, but I'd still like to think the opposite sex spins my wheels so to speak! I had heavy dark discharge for the first 6 months, then it just stopped. I get my normal period very regularly now every 4 weeks. I have noticed I have mood swings, but thought this was because I've moved halfway across the world (again) and are dealing with returning home after 5 years abroad. Best part is I dont get any type of cramps or pain with my period. I do think I get snappy and unreasonable at times which concerns me, but I'm not anywhere near as tired as I used to be at that time of the month. I have more energy now. Interested to read about the coil - I've always kind of freaked about that. The pill is a definate no-no. Too many women dying from blod clots in my country (NZ). Thanks for your comments. Its the first time I've read other peoples experiences - no-one in this country has even HEARD of this contraception. I enjoy people freaking out when they feel it smile

[i:b75e2d134f]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:b75e2d134f]

• Posted

ok yeah my sex drive has gone almost completely too. i have had mine for 2 and a half years it was ok for the first year no periods no mood swings no nothing then my periods started and after my periods i get this gross brown stuff its disgusting for 2 weeks then i have a couple of weeks off then back round again. my fella and i have sexz like twice a month if that and i feel like a failure as a girlfreind. sad

[i:7a5a43a9c7]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:7a5a43a9c7]

• Posted

i have no sex drive at all its terrible! its coming out asapsad

[i:201ce20743]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:201ce20743]

• Posted

i have had this fitted for 8 months now, i had a baby 1 year ago and suffered with postnatal depression. i had this fitted and after recovering from depression i felt like i was going back to the deression. my mood swings are terrbile, i fight with my partner and take things out on my friends and family (and i dont mean it) . i havent had a period for the whole 8 months, which sounds great but its not. My sex drive has also decreased, i feel like am not good enough to my partner :-( . i just want it all to stop. i am defo going the doctors to get it removed next week. Its not fair on myself or my family and friends.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.