Iv just been told I have a pituary tumour measuring 1 cm,

Posted , 3 users are following.

My consultant wants to leave it and do yearly mri scans to check it, but I feel so ill on a regular basis, they have asked me to do 48 hour urine collection, does anybody have a similar size tumour please advise

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

please tell your consultant how ill you feel. it may be that leaving the tumour is the best option, depending on where it is and what type it is. ask the consultant what they suggest in the meantime so that you don't feel so unwell.

good luck 

• Posted

I actually have that same size so yes. When you say you feel awful what do you mean? The wait and see approach is pretty common until something gets bothered by it.
    • Posted

Hi my main symptoms are tiredness to the point of exhaustion, headaches and my periods have almost stopped due to my hormones playing up, my boobs also get sore and I have no sex drive,
    • Posted

i'd suggest mentioning that to the endocrinologist - they might be able to presecribe something to overcome that. are your prolactin levels high? also, suggest you look at the pituitary foundation website. they might have something which 'clicks' with your symptoms. they certainly have stuff aimed at GPs which you could download and take along to support your ideas if needed. Not to show the GP is wrong but becasue this is rare and so they might not have come across it in normal practice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.