Iv taken my Mirtazapine for two days and im on my period again.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have taken my Mirtazapine for two days now; after not taking it for a good couple of months. I normally have a period in February and August time. I know that isnt normal but i have told my doctors so many times. I have recently took them for two days and i am back on my period. Is this normal? And also, i have gained a lot of weight i dont know if this is because i am eating the wrong foods or if this is because of the Mirtazapines? I should mention that i am on 30mg of Mirtazapines. Please give me some advice..

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Weight gain is very common with mirtzapine. I have it difficult to shed even though I am almost off it now. Maybe its coincidence re the other thing
  • Posted

You do not say when you gained the weight, but it would have to be over a long time. Perhaps it is due to the mirt you took until 8 weeks ago.  Certainly not due to 2 days of mirt! 

You do not say how you stopped taking mirt.  If you did it quickly (ie without tapering down) you are lucky if you did not have withdrawal symptoms. 

I think starting mirt at 30mg is too much of a step. You should taper upwards from zero.   It could be that menstruation problems are a side effect of not doing that, but I am no expert.

• Posted

i have never had a problem with the myth that weight gain is a problem of Mirtazapine , i am on alot of tablets an my physical health is far from good so not active much anyway an many medications causes weight gain unfortunately , i actually lost weight due to lack of appetite also i heard that people on mirt crave sugar which i haven't so it varies from person to person , i wouldn't worry , if you there were any concerns then your doctor would had raised it also it could just be your body adjusting to the tablet again , the insides of our bodies are a maze an different tablets can act differently in each of us , keep a diary of how things are each day , take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.