IV UP MY DOSE OF CITALOPRAM

Posted , 3 users are following.

can any one help iv been on citalopram 20 for about 16 weens but am finding i need a little more help so after seeing my doctor they have put it up to 40 which i am happy to try but would like to know if any one else has done this and it is working? thanksĀ 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes I told my Dr that I wanted to double my dose to see if I got better results with my mood. I did and felt no return of the short term side effects on doubling the dose. Worth a try I would have thought.
  • Posted

thanks as i need to no the positives iv been on then before and felt they worked but came off then 3years ago but only ever on 20. how long have you been on them if you dont mind me askin? and are you on 40?
    • Posted

I was on 20 for about 4 or 5 years and have been on 40 for 2 or 3. I really need more sleep on 40 and am going to experiment with taking both pills at night to see if I can change my day. At the moment I am taking 1 in the morning and 1 at night ( a recent change)
  • Posted

Yes was on 40mg for many years.

i don't remember any side effects from increasing dosage only increased sleep.

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.