ive been back to the docs

Posted , 5 users are following.

just come back from my 3rd official weigh in and ive lost another 5 kgs which brings me to a total of 12!! im so happy, i go on holiday on friday so im being extra good this week because i know i wont be the week after,

my doc said to me that the treatment time is only 3 months but i still need to go back and she will review it, she seems nice enough so im hoping she will keep me on them

ive bought myself a new pair of jeans the size smaller!! and i can get nice bras now, because of my size nowhere sold nice ones in my size so now ive lost some inches ive got my first set of pretty ones

keep at it everyone

samxxx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Wow Sammybear thats great.....i do hope when i go to the Dr's tonight for my 1st official weigh in that i achieve a good result

i have purchased some great scales that measure BMI Bone Mass etc etc and i have been iching to get on them but i have resisted as i want tonight result to be a suprise..........a good suprise i hope :shock:

• Posted

really annoys me that Dr's really don't seem to have an idea on how to utilise these tablets.

You have done really really well and unless your BMI is down to a reasonable level the GP should still keep you on the tablets especially as you seem to have really cracked the way they work.

I have been on the tablets since Jan 2010 and there is no talk of me being taken off them until I am down to a reasonable/healthy level on the BMI and weight.

Sorry just annoyed me that you say your Dr says for only 3 mths - rant over

You have a lovely holiday and enjoy yourself.

• Posted

Just to say, last year when I was on them, my nurse only let me have them for 3 months. That's the policy according to her. When I had to go for my 6 months diabetic check up she couldn't understand why I was taken off them. Anyway she put me back on them, and as long as I keep losing the weight I can stay on them. Due back for my 3rd weigh in in a couple of weeks so will find out then.
  • Posted

you can be on Orlistat for years. Please see below taken from the information part of this site.

\"If you continue to lose weight after six months, your doctor may advise that you continue to take orlistat. This may be for up to 1-2 years, or longer if you have a great deal of weight to lose\".

• Posted

Well Done Sam.

My nurse said that you can be on them for up to a year if you continue losing weight. I don't get it ! is it individuals who decide or different surgeries who have different policies?????

• Posted

ive still got a long way to go so im hoping im kept on them, she did say 'we will review it' so she didnt say that im coming off them but she wasnt sure id be staying on them either

im just hoping when i go back i dont get the original doc i saw because he wasnt happy about giving them to me in the first place

seems like there isnt a set guidline seen as everyone is getting told different things xx

• Posted

I was given a month's supply and told that if I lose 5lbs by next month I can have another month's supply - after that, goodness knows, but I think my doctor is so keen to get me off the idea of gastric band surgery thta he would rather keep me on the pills

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.