Ive been depressed for at least twelve months please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

After a full hysterectomy due to fibroids & ovary cysts I've been on HRT for ten years and suffered with mood swings and depression the last 12 months have been downhill to the point of not being able to get out of bed in the morning, work is suffering, I have no interest in anything and struggle every day, please help 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

have you thought about going on antidepressants my love? even a low dose might help im on citalopram and they help me they do have side affects for the first few weeks so you would have to bear with it they will make you feel worse but that is because the antidepressants replace the old serotonin with the new "feel good cells" we need to make us feel happy and uplifted. once they kick in they do work you dont have to keep suffering if not get hold of a good aromatherapist  who will make you oils for your depression good luck and you can always count on this forum for support its been a god send to me 

• Posted

Go back to your GP asap Sharon you need some serious help with this.

Sue is right you probably need some antidepressants to see you through.

You need to feel better so do not put it off any longer. Let us know how

You get on.

All the very best to you.

• Posted

Sorry to hear but I agree with the antidepressants.  They can help you get out of this and back to your usual routine.  : )   
  • Posted

Hi Sharon,,

so sorry to hear you are struggling through a hard time, i am the same after a gallbladder op. Did you know that surgery often causes depression? Lots of reports of women having depression after a hysto, any surgery can do it. the stress on our bodies is enormous. After my hysto i was fine no problems, but this surgery caused me to hit the brick wall, im now trying my third lot of ad meds. I do agree with other ladies you need some help, do not  try and cope alone, meds will definately help you. The first few weeks of taking them may be rough but once the meds are in your system im sure you will benefit! Sending you hugs 🌷

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.