ive been having muscle twitches for 3 months straight. what could it be?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having non-stop muscle spasms that won't stop. They started in my feet and have no spread everywhere. I now get them in my lip, chin, neck, my head, my check, and eyes. It has never been this bad before where I get a regular eye twitch and I wouldn't feel it for months. I had a baby April 16th of this year, I don't know if this is a postpartum symptom or something. Over the 3 months with the muscle spasms, I haven't been able to sleep and I'll be up for hours and only get about 5 hours of sleep. My heart races, the room spins, heart palpitations, confusion, fear of something wrong with me or that something is wrong with me, my heart beat is also heavy and strong I can feel it throughout my body, and a NEW symptom I've been feeling for 5 days now is my left eyeball has sooooo much pressure behind it, that it feels like it wants to pop our or something is moving around behind it. I have to keep holding down on it or put a cold rag on it because it feels funny and it feels like I can't open it sometimes. I have already had an Cat scan on May 23rd, it was normal.. I had another Cat Scan yesterday morning for my eye and they said everything was normal again. I had a NCV and EMG test, they were also normal with no nerve damage or issues. Blood tests were also ran and I get a MRI tomorrow. I don't get any tingly feelings or numbers, I'm just struggling sleeping and have constant fear because of my symptoms and I think I have something life threatening. I cry almost everyday because idk what's wrong. I don't think anxiety or stress would cause muscle spasms/twitches and eye pressure that just happened out of nowhere. I have low hemoglobin and Hematocrit but it's not too low. They never tested for anemia. They checking my B12 and Magnesium and they are in the standard range and is normal. I'm scared, and idk what to do. All of this literally started after I had my baby. And I'm getting no answers and everyday I feel like I'm going to die because I'm not getting answers and don't feel like myself... I'm scared it's multiple sclerosis but I thought maybe the NCV and EMG test would have showed if I had it. I get an MRI tomorrow though. I was told to check for hypothyroidism and to check my free t3 and t4 and thyroid antibodies and to check for sinusitis...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello. I have had this for 7 months. I am suspecting a mild case of guillian barre. I have had all the same tests but I was very ill on thanksgiving last year and the twitching started almost 7 weeks later. Have you been ill recently? Before the twitching?
  • Posted

What type of doctor is checking and ordering the MRIs?

You should be seen by either a Neurologist or Endrocronologist or both.

Sometimes though, a lot does have to do with stress. Have someone give you sleeping pills for better sleep if all the tests are coming back normal but if you are not seeing the correct type of doctor they may be testing for the wrong thing!

Good luck and God speed! 😇

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.