ive been on 10mg citalopram for 2 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive started on 10mg citalopram 2 weeks ago groggy head and no change in my mood one thing ive noticed is a total lack of sex drive and am unable to maintain erection which has in turn effected my realationship too think im not interested in her anymore truth is im not interested in anything anymore dont want to go out answer door answer the phone goto work which increases fianacial stress hope these meds work im broken

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey Puma. Stick with ur meds and everything will normal out with time. If ur Doc told U 2-4 weeks well thats not likely to happen. These meds work slowly but they do work. It just takes time. In the meantime, i would have to say think positive, try and exercise a bit and stay away from wobbly pops and other booze. You will be ok---just give it a bit of time!!!'
    • Posted

thanks john059

nice too know im not alone

• Posted

that's very normal in first few weeks

u will not feel that's your mood up until u reach 6-8 weeks from increasing the does

every thing will back to normal gradually

just stuck with it

and tell ur partner it's just temporary situation

and this is not ur real feeling

it's from medication and ur condition

just be pation and u will see the light after some weeks

• Posted

thanks roby54688

everyone seems to say its hard too start with but in the end

the result is worth it so hopefully it will work for me

• Posted

Hi Puma

Totally normal I'm afraid . I was off work for 2 months although I did start to feel bit better after 4 weeks I wasn't ready to face work.

It will pass in time and you will start to feel better soon . Just speak to your partner it's the meds that's making you feel like this but honestly it does pass.

If in doubt about anything your feeling post on here there are some great people to help me massively

Debi x

• Posted

thanks debi76

its so strange trying to explain to people who dont understand

the amount of times ive been told im lazy and theres nothing

wrong with me yes to look at but inside its falling apart

• Posted

Who says that?

I is hard cause you look fine bit at around day 9 on these meds I went back to the doc and told them I was going mad !

This is how I felt I had zero concentrate on anything , conversation, tv, seeing friends, work everything . I just wanted to disappear and make my mind stop racing at 100mph as I just couldn't stop . I felt uncomfortable in my own skin and the feelings and thoughts I was having scared the life out of me if I'm honest.

He gave me some sleeping tablets which was a massive help I took these for a week. I slept great and I felt like it gave my body and mind a rest which I desperately needed.

Just remember what your experiencing is only side effects and I promise it does pass.

Message anytime you need to chat that's what I did and ppl on here helped.

Debi x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.