ive been suffering for years

Posted , 3 users are following.

i started getting it when i was first sexually active at 18 im now 25 and get thrush every two months....i know this will sound crazy but it really works, because its the discharge that makes you itchy and sore i kept trying to find ways to stop it so i used the smallest size of tampons and it soaks up all the lumpy itchy discharge so it never gets that far obviously i dont JUST do that i use the pill and the cream and it really works for me dont know if that will help but it does me. i get so depressed when i have it i feel dirty and horrid and wish i could hide in bed all day just to let everyone know its not just you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am 25 and have aslo been getting it since I was 18, I only just found out about the tablets yesterday nobody has ever offered them to me before sad

I know what you mean about the depression it makes be so crabby and upset when I have it and although I wouldn't wish it on anyone its nice to know there are people out there that understand smile

I wish you well!

• Posted

I am also a recurrent thrush sufferer. I get it at least once every month and it seems like sex just makes it come with a bigger explotion. It makes me not want to have sex again but at the same time it worries me because it affects my sex life.

Those people who think they can help cure should just tell us what they did instead of telling people to buy books about how they cured their thrush!!!

• Posted

Im 23 & have been suffering since I can remember, and am utterly fed up!!!

Not had sex with my partner for over 2 months, in an attempt to try & rid ourselves of it, i've had him doused in cream every night & been nowhere near him, yet I've had 2 bouts of it!

I've tried changing my diet, cutting out sugar because that feeds the infection, i wear suits for work & have bought a whole new wardrobe of skirts rather than trousers, and stockings rather than tights, i've tried cream, pessaries, tablets..........

Does anyone know of anything that I can take that will just keep it away from me, i dont mind taking pills for the rest of my life!!!

• Posted

Hi.

I'm a male sufferer of this condition. Although it manifests itself differently (for obvious reasons) we still experience the crabby, rundown symptoms.

I've had several courses of Nystatin, over the years, which work for 3 to 4 months, really feel good, but then returns gradually. Too many anti-fungal drugs are not good for the stomach so this method isn't any solution, long term.In the last few years I've used Regucol (health food shops) and tried to cut back on sugars / dairy / fungal foods. Regucol is easy on stomach and seems to do a good cleaning job .Keeps it manageable, but still there.

The only sure fire way, I've heard, is the 3 month anti yeast diet (available on internet) but I've lacked the perseverance . Maybe someday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.