Ive been taking 150 of Tramadol for 3 days-any addiction physically?

Posted , 3 users are following.

help someone?????

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have nbeen only taking Tramadol 150-200 per day for 3 days, I stopped because of the horror stories, and this is the morning of my 2nd day not taking them........ am I safe from a withdraw, and how long does it take for you're body to become addicted, not mentally?? I have Tramadol in my kitchen but scared to take them as I am a former heroin addict-7 years off it and NEVER again
  • Posted

Hi hazel, I also was concerned about tramadol, but as unable to take codiene and needed pain relief had no option. So for me at moment depends on how long I need relief. I have never been addicted to anything as yet so not much help to you. Was on 400mg daily which didnt cover pain enough but was relutant to go higher. Anyway as pain lessoned automattically reduced dose to 200mg. Gone for 36hrs trying to put up with discomfort but had to go back on again. Think there may be some trouble eventually reducing dose but its advised to do it very slowly. So all being well when condition solved will be able to manage it as am clued up now about possible difficulties. If you managed the heroin eventually perhaps you will be in a better position to work out what is best for you. What does the surgery say, also do you really need it for your condition. How are you managing without.
  • Posted

Although it is possible to become addicted to tramadol, it is a little safer than some other options. But while it may be harder to get addicted to tramadol, it also can take almost twice as long to withdraw from it. (It takes quite a while to fully metabolize it.)

Only you can judge the cost/benefit equation. Does it give you relief? How badly do you need the relief? Does it get you "high"?

For myself, I would not hesitate to use it for a short period. (Although I can't this particular drug because of its side effects, which I do not get with other opioid type drugs.)

Tramadol was developed as a safe alternative to opioids, but was later discovered to be only a little safer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.