ive been taking co codamol and parcetmol for about month missed yesterdays evening dose will i b ok

Posted , 4 users are following.

only had one dose today as run out of tablets how will it effect me

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You’ve been only been taking it a month so shouldn’t experience any drastic withdrawals but it depends how much you’ve been taking. You might have a bit of a headache and potentially an upset tummy and maybe some cold like symptoms. But because of the amount of time you’ve been taking them, this should only last a couple of days at most. Hope this helps smile
  • Posted

I agree with sparkamarka!!! You may have a headache, upset tummy and mild cold and flu symptoms but you won’t have any major withdrawals (if you have only been taking a couple a day) 😊

• Posted

Rachel, how many tablets have you been asking and how many times per day and what strength? I take 30/500 tablets and am prescribed 2 tablets up to four times per day (though I usually only take twice per day) I have been prescribed them for 10 years for chronic widespread pain.  This last year I have 3 times had to stop taking them for 5 days because of surgical procedures and I can honestly say I did not suffer from any withdrawal symptoms. I am quite sure that if you have only been taking them a short time, and only missed one dose, you will not get withdrawal symptoms unless you are very unfortunate.

• Posted

I've been taking 2tablets 4times daily, my Dr examine me and said I could have possible slip disc as I get a shooting pain in my right leg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.