Ive been taking duluxotine for about six months but not sure if it even does anything

Posted , 5 users are following.

The doctor gave it to me for chronic foot pain and depression. I think that my pain has improved slightly  but cant be certain and it may just be placibo, however my depression has not changed at all and i don’t actually feel any different.. if i miss two days by mistake I cant even tell. It feels like im eating smarties that have no effect

Has anyone experienced this?

I just told the doctor that i feel fine now so im going to go off it now and just try to man up! The only thing telling the doctor how i felt has done is make me not be able to get insurance cover for loss of earnings!

It’s awful this depression i was fine my whole life until about two years ago and now it just wont go away its a constant battle putting on a happy face to the world and getting on with work and family life while feeling absolutely awful.

(Im 33 and on 60mg)

Thank you.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ben, everyone reacts differently to it. I'm the small percentage if I continued it would have killed me.  My lesson here if you attend a CBT and DBT workshop you won't need pills. Duloxetine is potent.  I have few coping skills that help.  Duloxetine made me actually 3-5 xs worst than an actual espisode of depression. One can beat depression without the pill. I am proof. Been there.  

• Posted

Thanks jan much appreciated.. it is odd how it had such an effect in you and i feel no difference. i did try counceling which the professional body that i am a member of offer. I had about six sessions but didt feel that it helped. It was over the telephone though so perhaps not the best method.
    • Posted

If you stop the duloxetine it has to be done slowly to avoid withdrawal signs and symptoms. This is a major downside of these anti depressants together with their multiple nasty side effects.
    • Posted

Ben, life is simple. It seems to me your struggling like how I was.  Over the phone counselling, one on one psychotherapy is all useless. I adapted really well to CBT and DBT and wellness plan. Find that in your area. I did a program called IDT intensify Day Therapy. Toss the drugs.  Duloxetine will never make you happy it wears one down. This drug will mimic depression. 
    • Posted

Hi I totally agree with your comments. Thank you for explaining the  drawbacks of this drug.
    • Posted

My honest opinion no one must take this drug.  This drug mimics depression. If anyone is dumb like me to take this drug at least check your blood ALT AST in first 6 weeks of taking or signs of symptons 
    • Posted

I agree. My experience of duloxetine is very brief but frightening. I do not wish to alrm people but this is what happened to me.

I took 15 mgms, half a capsule I then had to ring for an ambulance as I got a very fast heart rate and muscle spasms and also a strange sensation of a spasm in my head. The dr immediately discontinued the drug and I disposed of the rest. Thankfully my dr did not insist I try anything else. Never again

• Posted

Hi Jan

What do you mean with regards to the ALT levels?

I was actually sent to hospital after a blood test for ‘acute kidney failure’ which i think has something to do with ALT.. they put it down to creatine suppliments that i was taking for the gym.. not the dukuxotine...

Thanks

• Posted

Also ppl that usually post on forum are ppl with bad experiences with any drug. I'm trying cannibis from now on. Need something for chronic pain

• Posted

Hi jan

Is duluxotine know to cause kidney problems?? As mentioned i was rushed to hospital after a routine blood test due to what they called acute kidney injury but no one put it down to the duluxotine.. its gone back to normal now thankfully.

I also have cronic pain.. i take codine and tramadol all the bad things.. i wish they would legalise marijuana already its much better and no side effects.

• Posted

Ben , does duloxetine cause kidney problems?  I would answer yes. I was having kidney pains. After my surgery about 2 weeks I passed a kidney stone.  All those drugs you get from big pharmacy wipe your immune system out. It's very hard. My wife had 3 rounds of chemo she is cancer free now but her system is wiped out too.  It all takes time to rebuild your imune system. I had a bad night of sleep felt lots of pressure pockets all over my body. This is crazy.  Body temps increase.  I'm never taking Percocet , tynelnol, tramadol. I've started straight CDB oil one week one full syringe. Pain is not masked. I think it's best to live with the pain and cope with it as best you can. Putting grubs into your system is wrong and harmful which can kill you esp buying from the secondary market. Be careful. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.