Ive had a strange cough for 5 weeks.

Posted , 3 users are following.

5 weeks ago I had a severe allergic reaction and I went to the ER. one day later i got this strange cough and I've had ever since then. I do not feel sick. I have sore throats at night bjt that's been going on for 6 month-1 year. my nose is stuffy sometimes and I sneeze about 40 times a day. I think I also have asthma because I get short of breath when walking up stairs or doing exercise and I wheeze some time when I wake up or in the evening. going to the doctor today but would like some insight of they might do. It sounds between a dry cough and a barking cough.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi you need to get your doctor to test you for asthma then you will know if you need medication.

Also is your cough productive or is it dry?

Regards nigel

• Posted

Well at least you know now and hopefully if you need meds’ you  will be able to control it 

I wish you well 

Regards nigel

• Posted

Oh asthma can be tricky and a big trouble…ask me about it. I was on bronchodilators for the longest time. but they were just about managing their job. however, I started dong yoga and met this instructor who advised that I should stop dumping chemicals in my body and advised natural remedies. He was an asthma patient too.. till he started ayurvedic treatment. He informed that he took a customized kit that included ayurvedic herbs, bioenergetic impressions of organ tissues and Nutraceuticals and was leading a healthy life since then. I’ve just started the same regimen. It’s working for me as of now..fingers crossed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.