Ive had Blepharitis for 20 years

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have had this condition a long time now and its only getting worse constantly infected sore itching red running is there any new treatments out there that people have found affective

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh and the baby wipes people rub on their eyes, I forgot to mention that. smile
  • Posted

I keep forgetting things but my vitamin d was chronically low so i got on a d3/k2 supplement on amazon and it helped my eyes so much
  • Posted

Hi Mark,

Have you tried Tea tree Oil. I have also suffered with blepharitis for many years and my relief finally came from this mixture that I use 4 times daily. It's annoying to have to do it so often, but it works.

1\4 cup pre-boiled water

2 or 3 drops of any liquid soap

10 drops of tea tree oil

I dip coton wipes in this mixture and I wipe my eyelids. 

That's it...... all itching stops and I can relax for another 7 plus hours.

Good luck smile

• Posted

I've been using hypochlor it doesn't seem to do much good.

• Posted

Whatever you do do not take Linda’s advice and rub “wet ones” on hot lids . She’s all over the internet spouting this nonsense. I tried it, and I know others who have, and it damages my lid. This was two years ago. Upper lid is still slightly raised from it. The package itself says not to put it on your lids so do yourself a favor and don’t. I don’t know what sort of interest she hasn’t in it but it’s horrendous advice. Try otc treatments or avenova or doxy 
  • Posted

I've had mine for 12 years and it's getting worse. The worst part of it is the pain and it's getting to affect my eyesight. As for doctors I've seen 8 or 9 will tomorrow be 10 hopefully will get somewhere. I'm banking on that new procedure call lipiflow of course my hopes ain't too high. I was over the road truck driver and I thought it was due to looking at the road all the time

When I retired I found out I've had Graves disease and that don't help eyes either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.