ive had my x-rays back and NO ribs ??

Posted , 3 users are following.

well I had my results today and they ahve found no evidence of ribs on the x-rays, so whilst this is great news from the surgery side it still leaves me back at square 1 regarding the symptoms in my arms, neck etc, but all is not lost, my lovely doctor is now reffering me to a neurologist so maybe after all these years they may still get somewhere.

I wish all of you who have just had or are about to have the surgery the very best of luck and a speedy recovery . .

all the very best

Midlands-Nick (not 1 in a million anymore but hey.........)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Midlands Nick

Good that you wont need the surgery but not good in that you still dont know what the problem is, half the time just knowing helps.

Whatever you do dont make the mistake I did, I just accepted that I had to put up with it and persuaded myself it must be all in my mind, well, if the doctors cant see a problem...the ribs showed on an xray but were dismissed as the cause of my pain (you were born with them why would they cause a problem now 40 yrs later- almost the exact words used)

Fortunately one day (10 years later) the pain was very bad so I asked for an emergency appointment, saw the new dr. She looked at the notes, saw I had cervical ribs and referred me, within weeks I had my first op.

Good luck, keep us posted on how you get on

Helen

• Posted

Hi M-Nick

I'm sure you are one in a million anyway!

As Helen says, don't go thinking you're imagining stuff - just 'cos they don't know what it is!

Also in your other post you mention fibrous bands, I believe these are difficult to see - a possiblilty? Have you had an MRI?

I hope you get some answers, constant pain gets you down but being believed helps, keep smiling, Jane :D

• Posted

hi guys xx well ive been unable to work for teh past two weeks due to incredible pain in left shoudler and neck, they have put me on diazepam, dihydrocodiene and diclofenac so am a walking zombie... they have however promised me an MRI within 4 weeks shame that by then if im not back at work I will have spent all my savings and be broke beyond belief sad the doctor has said there could be a build up of fibrous tissue that would not have shown up on an x-ray so we shall wait and see, I will keep it updated on here incase anyone else is in a similiar boat

all the best

Nick

• Posted

the MRI will pick up loads of info and hopefully get you the treatment you need. Many times the pain from this type of condition seems to come and go, lets hope yours eases while you wait for the answers. Gont give up and keep on till you get sorted, I wish you the very best

Helen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.