Ive had stomach and bowel issues for 6 weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm here to hopefully speak to someone who has had similar issues. It started with sudden sharp cramp like pain right under both ribs I'd had this pain before once or twice but not this severe I couldn't stand straight and could barely speak it took my breath away a d lasted a few hours, since then nothings been the same. My stool is always dry and hard and I only pass twice a week, I have constant tummy cramps which are somewhat relieved after a bm but its like an empty strange feeling after I go. The last few days ive had severe pain where my left kidney would be. I'm not sure if this is related but the skin around my neck and under arms has gotten darker and my finger and toe nails have lines/ridges down them again only noticed them last couple of weeks. Doctors have taken bloods and all normal but despite going back to see different docs not one seems bothered. Thanks for reading x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Get yourself checked for Pancreatitis. I am suffering from similar pain but mine started after course of harsh antibiotics and it has not left me in 8 and a half months. Mine is touched and aggravated by movement as well, mine is more on the left upper side below ribs but can be felt in the middle as well. Yours can be stomach inflammation, ulcer, viral/bacterial infection or in worst case scenario pancreatitis.
  • Posted

The doctors may not be bothered but certainly are.  What you are having is far from normal.  It may be something as simple as gastritis but if I were you I would go to a teaching hospital similar to the Mayo Clinic if your insurance will cover  You didn't give your age but no matter what your age is, this is not the way to live.  You surely need to get another opinion for sure.

• Posted

should have edited the above.  meant to say the doctors may not be bothered but YOU certainly are.
  • Posted

You should do an ultrasound and CT scan to check for stones, and an endoscopy/colonoscopy to check for inflammation. Also H Pylori test. it could just be constipation or IBS. You might need to do a test called a barium swallow to see how your digestive system is working.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.