Ive had this sore for a few days

Posted , 4 users are following.

i recently had a new sex partner unprotected a week ago exactly. soon after,i got my period. then about 3 or 4 days ago i began experiencing irritation and when i checked myself i had this sore does this look like beginning of herpes? 8'

extremely scaredimage

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

It looks like the end of a herpes outbreak. Have your doctor do blood work to be sure. If it is herpes, the first outbreak is the worst and yours looks like a mild one. That's how my first one looked and after that it was basically non existent. Years later and I don't see it anymore. I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Everyone and their mom has genital herpes. An estimated 1 in 6 Americans ages 14 to 49 years old have genital herpes from herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2), which causes most cases of genital herpes. Try not to worry, get tested. Either way you will live the same life as before.

• Posted

did you ever figure it out? it looked like herpes in the pic but did they form scan to heal? a hsv1&2 test should let you know. I'm not as care free about it as the other response n I understand the mental anguish it puts you thru but knowin gives you some closure. I have been goin thru it for the past few months myself tryna make sure I dont have the s**t so like I said I feel u.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.