Ive had Vaginal Atrophy since last summer and its really getting me down.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since I started with the Vaginal Atrophy, I have been using GYNEST cream for 3 months but it made no difference. So the doc put me on Vagifem Vaginal Tablets about a month ago. Still no definite difference although I do get the odd day when it feels a bit better. Its like I am almost permanently sore down there and feel like I want to wee all the time too, even when I've just been. I'm not sore when I do go to the loo. It is really getting me down now. I've just had a hip replacement too so can do without the atrophy on top! Anyone got any ideas as to how I can feel better. Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello shirley. It was a gynaecologist who prescribed Vagifem for me and it took about 6 weeks before I noticed any improvement I had almost given up. So I would persevere shirley.
    • Posted

Thank you Matron for your message. I will persevere a bit longer with the Vagifem then. The doc wants to see me early March so will keep going till then and fingers crossed they will work like they did for you. :-) x
  • Posted

Hi shirley

oh bless you, its miserable, i was given Ovestin ( estriol ) ovules for mine, and they are very good.

have you had a smear lately and been checked its nothing else.. Like High PH ( BV or CV) or thrush etc ..

jay x

• Posted

Hi jayneejay, Thanks for your message. Yes it is very miserable and frustrating. Not heard of Ovestin but glad they worked for you. Not had a smear lately. Don't think its thrush. But I had an ultra sound on my bladder. Turns out I have "Pouches" inside my kidneys that are evidently nothing serious but they may be causing me to feel the need to wee all the time. Doc asked me if I wanted to see a urologist.I said I would keep going with the Vagifem Tablets and see if they worked before seeing a urologist. So time will tell. :-) x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.