Ive lost lots of weight which was very unintentional and im tired all the time any ideas?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm so worried right now, I used to be 8 stone and never really went below or above that but now in a few months I've gone down to 7 stone 1lb even though I've been eating more than before, I am 5 ft 2 so as you can guess I don't look well proportioned anymore. I feel tired all the time, with weakness,I feel very stiff alot of the time like it takes effort to move, I can't stand the cold or heat it seems I'm either one of the two never in the middle. I get regular bad headaches also does anyone know what could be happening to me? I don't feel happy about this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You need to go and see your Dr and have some blood tests. Are you stressed or more active? Have you had a recent bug or illness? Best to get it checked out as worrying will only make it worse. x
  • Posted

Thanks for the reply, I do get stressed quite alot, but have always been stressed about one thing or another I'm a worry wart. Not any more active than I used to be, and I recently had bronchitis that's all I can think of really. I tried to make an appointment with doc's to sort this but they aren't too sympathetic even when your worried, so I have to wait until they aren't too busy x
  • Posted

You could always try a drop in clinic if you have one near? And make an appt in the meantime with your own dr. xx
  • Posted

I had a blood test today, she's checking for hyperthyroidism, diabetes and cancer as a precaution but she told me the latter is the least likely so not to worry too much, sorry for the late reply xx
  • Posted

You sound like me =(.. I thought it was my thyroid, but the test said my thyroid was fine. I too have been very very cold all the time and am stiff all the time. Worst thing is, I am not hungry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.