Ive lost weight on sertraline ive

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi People. .was wondering if anyone else has lost weight with being on sertraline. . I have. .and I'm starting to worry. .as I'm thin as it is. .your input would be helpful. .thanku

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm actually worried about this myself. I've lost around 20 pounds in almost 4 weeks.. I've restarted working out again and am doing cardio six days a week but the weight loss just feels excessive. I weighed 190(86KG) pounds and I now weigh 170(77).. I try to eat but I must be doing something wrong.

• Posted

Hi - Just curious how things ended up with the weight loss?

I have been on Sertraline for 10 weeks now and have lost nearly a stone and a half and I was pretty thin to start with.

• Posted

Ive been on sertraline for one day and I havent been able to eat for 3 days and have lost 4 pounds and Im becoming nearly underweight. Im gonna stop taking it, have had a horrible experience
    • Posted

Hi Taylor. .yea the sert made me feel sick 2. .my doc gave me anti sickness medicine. . Cos my anxiety kicked in as soon as i woke in the mornings. . Id lost weight to. .which i couldnt afford to as im a thin person by nature . . .try and stick with it. .but tell ur doc about this. .its a scary bloody business. . And the progress is slow. . I can only sympathise with you at this point. .as im not near out of the woods yet. . And the side effects are daunting. . Take care for now. . And please keep in touch. .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.