Ive no gall bladder and started orlistat

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ive been on orlistat before

The first time i lost about 2-3 stone over about 18 months- 2 yrs. A year later i had my gall bladder removed. I went on orlistat again about 2 yrs later and struggled like crazy and only lost about a stone then it stopped working. I believe that not having a gall bladder had an affect on results but all i got told was it wouldn't affect it. Ive never had the symptoms that most people get from having gall bladder removed- im the complete opposite (constipated)

Ive suffered with severe back problems for years but last 5 years its worse and have been classed as disabled recently. Due to medications i have to take and being unable to move about much let alone exercise ive gained weight again and want to try orlistat again and hope for the best...... is it even worth trying...got 3 stone to loose

Any advice will be gratefully received

Thankyou xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try it but also do the slimfast 321 diet it’s what I’m doing 
  • Posted

I hope someone replies. I'm in exactly the same boat as you! No gallbladder and no idea. 😐 I have tried orlistat a couple of times but never get any significant results. It's very disheartening.

• Posted

I've now been on it 10 days gym twice a week and low cal diet....... Nothing ! So disappointing. Anybody have any ideas....I know it works because I had one 'incident' at the beginning .....

• Posted

we seem to be in the same boat! i took xenical a long time ago and had the usual side effects i.e. oily stool but found it to be effective. but i have put on weight in the recent years and jumped onto the xenical bandwagon once again. unfortunately nothing is happening, what is worse is that i am actually constipated. i had my gall bladder removed and have always had trouble with the frequency of going to the toilet but it seem to have gotten worse with the xenical. i initially thought that i am not purging because i am making healthier choices in food, but i went on a binge of fatty food over the weekend and still nothing. anyone with the same experience?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.