ive recently had a tkr im just 6 weeks out and tonight i noticed these pimple looking things on a sc

Posted , 5 users are following.

Any need to worry oh by the way knee hurts worse then before just saying can't sleep without it stiffening up 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you are having increased pain and spots on the scar (?) you best have the knee looked at by Dr in case there is any infection. Keep and eye on your temperature too, if that rises, it is also a sign of possible infection. Best wishes, hope all is OK Diana.
  • Posted

Be aware of possible infection developing close to scar. Best get a nurse or doctor to look at it.
  • Posted

I'm just three days over six weeks and my knee is still sore and stiffens up if I haven't been moving for a while especially overnight.  Six weeks isn't long in the scheme of things.  I have good days and bad days depending on how much I have walked around.  Re the pimples maybe get that checked out in case you do have infection and you are saying your knee hurts more than it did before so can't hurt to have it looked at.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.