IVF treatment and bipolar

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I have recently been digonsed with mild bipolar still waiting to see if I need any medication or not.

I am getting married in September and I really want to try to for baby after I have also got fertility issues and need ivf and donor eggs to get pregnant. I am now worried that because of my recent diagnosis I will be refused treatment! I'm in the UK I would also like to get funding for treatment but I could pay myself if needed. Has anyone been through fertility treatments.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'd doubt you'll be offered IVF with having bipolar to be honest. They tried to talk me out of getting pregnant and it was my own choice to stop my medication . I was started on one medication at 28 weeks pregnant and then Once I had my baby I was started on all my medication that evening again. Never heard of mild bipolar before tho.

• Posted

Never heard of Mild Bipolar. Either have it or not. Severity varies to be sure but treatment regimens will undoubtedly be similar. UK medical practices will be different from those in the U.S. so with regard to IVF I wouldn't be qualified to offer a proper answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.